New tvbox X96 X4 Amlogic S905X4 is there a *.dtb file for it?

I bought a new tvbox [X96 X4 Amlogic S905X4 Android 11 AV1 Video TV Box] is there a *.dtb file that i can use to install emuelec on it?

thanks Paul

Good Evening.
For now, the only version that has s905x4 support is the EmuELEC 4.6 test. But we haven’t checked if it works well on this chipset as none of the team have s905x4.

sc2_s905x4_1gbit.dtb

on release 4.6 test works!!!
Will install games tomorrrow

thx Paul

1 Like

Glad it worked! Please advise whether Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks worked.

If the ethernet works then congratulations, but if it doesn’t and is a JL2101 then it probably never will…

I spent just a few hours to get JL2101 to work on my S905X3 box and submitted that to upsteam CoreELEC, but days passed and I still can’t get it work on any S005X4 box, main reason being I don’t even have a S905X4 box with JL2101 PHY to develop with…

Update

Wi-FI is working well…

Had some trouble with the controller mapping but after 3 times it was ok

Paul

1 Like

I try using sc2_s905x4_1gbit.dtb did not worked.
I used sc2_s905x4_4g.dtb, I was able to load Emuelec into my X96 Max+ Ultra TV Box
Amlogic S905X4 rev d 64bit Quad Core Cortex A55 CPU, G31 MP2 GPU,4GB RAM 64GB ROM, USB 3.0, BT4.0, 2.4G/5G Dual Wi-Fi, 100M Ethernet, H.265 3D/4K/8K HDR:X96MAX+ Ultra 464.
I get Ethernet working but can’t get Wi-Fi working.
I created a wifi.txt file and place it in /storage/.config, still not working.
Got any suggestions?
Thank you,
Cesar

Perhaps this topic is of interest: EMUELEC 4.6 AMLOGIC S905X4 - TV BOX X96 MAX ULTRA

Thank you for your help, this confers that WiFi doesn’t work.
I’ll be doing more research to solve this issue.
I’ll be posting my results.
Appreciate your help.
Have a nice day,
Cesar

In the post I mentioned, two users say that IT DOESN’T WORK, but one of them says that IT WORKED on his tv box, but that for that HE HAD TO TRY SEVERAL TIMES UNTIL IT WORKS: See the summarized conversation:

1. White-Tiger starts by saying that “Hifi” works Perfectly”.
  2. lupopt asks: “ you say wifi works perfectly?? “
  3. White-Tiger replies: “Yes, tv box wifi works perfectly with emuelec 4.6.”
  4. Lulopt says: “ Well, that’s strange because my X96 Max + Ultra has no wifi under emuelec …”
  5. White-Tiger says: “ Hello, we have the same device, I keep saying that the wifi on emuelec works, however I tested it more intensively and realized that it is not working well. YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRYING UNTIL IT WORKS, YOU NEED LUCK, YES IT IS STRANGE!”
  6. X-Rubboy-X disse: “I confirm that I have the same box as you in fact neither Bluetooth nor Wi-Fi work even after restarting…”

For lupopt and X-Bubboy-X it didn’t work; for White-Tiger it worked, but he made several attempts until it worked.

I remember that on one occasion this happened to me, if I’m not mistaken with EmuELEC on a handheld, I needed to make several attempts until the wi-fi connected.

I used google translate

Hello Paul,

Newbie here. I am currently playing my games through Launchbox but would like to play on my big screen tv. What box would be best to play retro games (ColecoVision, Intellivision, Atari 2600, Arcade games, NES, Sega MasterSystem)?
Thanks
Pat
P.S. I don’t think EMuEec can run Daphne (laser video games) but if it does, it would be a good bonus lol