I hope the moderator can adopt the suggestions on adding functions or improving the new version of emuelec

We have been paying close attention to the emuelec system. We sincerely hope it will get better and better. Recently, I came into contact with botacera system, and I think this system is also very good. I hope these features and options are worth learning. I hope the host can adopt it.
First, add ROM storage options. In this way, you can selectively mount the hard disk with ROM.
Second, adding the core of the game can be simpler and more convenient. For example, if you directly select the required core, the system will automatically copy or move the core to the storage location of the core.
Third, PS games can automatically select the corresponding BIOS files for different games. For example, modified games or Chinese games need special BIOS files to run perfectly.
Fourth, the automatic mapping of the game controller, such as the game controller automatically mapped to retroarch and independent simulator set in the emulationstation. This eliminates the need for all simulators to set up game controllers separately.
This is my thoughts and suggestions for emuelec. Thank you for your hard work to emuelec. I hope more people can participate in the improvement of emuelec system.

• First, add ROM storage options. In this way, you can selectively mount the hard disk with ROM.

I think you mean EEROMS partition? The partition is created after 4.0.

• Second, adding the core of the game can be simpler and more convenient. For example, if you directly select the required core, the system will automatically copy or move the core to the storage location of the core.

- You mean a core downloader? I think that is not possible since all cores are built for the system.

• Third, PS games can automatically select the corresponding BIOS files for different games. For example, modified games or Chinese games need special BIOS files to run perfectly.

According to libretro docs pcsx rearmed, if bios are in the correct directory, it should select the correct bios automatically, it searchs for scph and if not found it uses HLE BIOS which can have compatibility isses.

"It doesn’t seem to matter whatever BIOS version is used and from what region, as long as it’s from a retail PSX/PS one."

• Fourth, the automatic mapping of the game controller, such as the game controller automatically mapped to retroarch and independent simulator set in the emulationstation. This eliminates the need for all simulators to set up game controllers separately.

You can make custom configuration by system and game. I don`t see why you woud need that feature, different controller configuration between retroarch and emulationstation.

Sorry, maybe I didn’t make it clear enough.

1. For roms, you can choose the option of having rom memory like Batocera system. Of course, it’s better to include samba, so that users can make simple settings and use it without editing the files or scripts of emuelec system.

2. Simulation core, I mean that after copying the simulation core you need, you can directly use it in the emuelec system, instead of editing the file in the emuelec system.

For the cores i’d like to see AetherSX2 in a new Emuelec build, it seems like this is the best and fastest solution for PS2 games, and ReDream for dreamcast, ReDream is also seems faster than Flycast

AetherSX2 is good, but it requires high end hardware, at least Snapdragon 865. Considering the hardware capability of AMLOGIC SOC, even AMLOGIC S922X has only one third benchmark score comparing to Snapdragon 865. I don’t think emulation of PS2 is gonna happen on EmuELEC.

Good Morning,
Redream is not open source and the version available for Linux ARM. We have already tried to run it several times in EmuELEC without success.
And about AetherSX2 is only available for android.

Ok, i understand, what about Mugen?