EEROMS partition in 3.9

Hi!

First of all, many thanks to all the contributors of these awesome project.

I have an Amlogic s905d and therefore I must use the 3.9 version. I made the installation in 32GB microSD without problems.
The problem is that in this version there’s not the EEROMS partition witch is very useful to add roms from Windows systems. The ext4 partition is the only one for system and roms-bios and the copy of files to this partition is a pain in the ass and terribly slow.
The question is that if it would be posible to make EEROMS FAT32 partition in 3.9 Emuelec like in 4.0 and up.

Thanks in advance.

Good morning,
The S905D is compatible with Emuelec 4.0 and higher. So we recommend that you update to a more recent version.

Thank you dude!

I thought that the s905(x) devices must stay in the 3.9 version

hello I had a problem with the EEROMS partition, it happens that from version 4.0 onwards if you flash it on a hard drive, it does not finish creating the EEROMS partition.

but it has a solution to create the conditions identical to those of the sd card, I formatted the partition with gparted without format in fat32, I put the EEROMS label and in manage options by right clicking on the partition I put lba, I imagine that I don’t know much that it has to be an indicator of the function that lei fulfills that is used in storage partitions, then I simply copied the game folders and it was already working.

Excuse the bad English but it costs me a bit and I used the translator in a large part of the post.

I hope it helps someone else, or maybe leave a record for future correction.

1 Like

hi man,Can you give us a graphic tutorial?

It’s a known bug that’s fixed in fix fs-resize would break on 4GB drives, and EEROMS was not properly … · EmuELEC/EmuELEC@bf4536c · GitHub

The cause is that the partition path was not correct when you’re booting from USB drive (a p is added to the path when it shouldn’t)

Technical detail: On Linux, suppose a disk drive is /dev/disk, there’s two ways to name the partition depending on the driver: it could use /dev/diskN, or /dev/diskpN. The SD/MMC and NVMe driver uses /dev/diskpN while the SCSI/IDE/SATA/USB driver uses /dev/diskN. The bug was caused due to a oversight that hard-coded the path in the /dev/diskpN way, so the EEROMS partition on USB can’t be properly formatted.

You method to create the EEROMS manually is correct, but shouldn’t be needed anymore once the next stable release of EmuELEC is published