WiFi and cat5 no internet Mini M8s II

Hi, I’ve created an image on ssd card for my mini M8s II which boots and runs fine.
However it can’t see my WiFi when searching. If manually enter SSID and password it still won’t connect.
I have tried connecting cat5 direct to router and although shows IP address. It shows as not connected. As such, I can’t copy any Roms to it or download themes etc.
Any help with this?

Most likely 2 scenarios:

1.- Wrong DTB
2.- Not supported wifi/ethernet chip

Since you did not mentioned what version you are using I will assume its v4.3 if not, then first try with v4.3 as older version reports are usually ignored (since most likely it is fixed on newer versions).

Hi, thanks for replying. I’m not sure what DTB is, but yes, it was latest version on the rom

where did you download it from?

I followed the following guide
https://github-wiki-see.page/m/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/wiki/How-to-Install

And downloaded the following EmuELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-4.3-Generic.img

from Releases · EmuELEC/EmuELEC · GitHub as the instructions stated that this one was for S905 and variants, S905x

I checked the files hash with QuickHash-GUI-Windows-v3.3.1 and created the SD with BalenaEtcher

delete the dtb.img that is in the sd/root of the emuelec partition and use the dtb that corresponds to the specs of your box (device trees folder).

in your case it looks like a s905x 2gb ram ethernet100 = glx_p212_2g.dtb

copy it to the root and rename it to dtb.img

if the dtb is correct ethernet will work, if wifi does not detect it it is a problem of incompatibility of the bt/wifi chip of your box.

Hi,
Thank you for that. I had to search for what your terminology was and where to find the files. And found them on the SD under device-trees. Ive copied gxl_p212_2g.dtb over and renamed it. Will give it a shot…