Support for S905x4

Right after the launch on 07/08/22 I installed and configured the 4.6 test version on the Vontar HK1 RBOX TV box, SoC S905X4.

Today I tested it and it worked very well.

I was surprised how well it performed on Atomiswave, Dreamcast, Naomi, Saturn, 3DO, N64, etc.

I am aware that the image is a test and that it will probably still be improved and maybe fixed, but from the little I tested I consider the performance to be excellent.

There were no failures in my tests, but I repeat that they were not exhaustive.

I didn’t try to use the dtb’s that come with the image, because I didn’t find any equivalent to my tv box.

I used one of the ones made available on the CoreELEC forum and which is found in the CoreELEC night image, 19.5 Matrix (sc2_s905x4_4g).

Too bad the image didn’t work on my TV box with SoC RockChip (X88 Pro 20 – RK3166). Maybe the boot loader is blocked. I will try again another day.

Thanks to the EmuELEC developer and the CoreELEC team for making such a good system available.

I always warned users not to buy tv box with SoC S905X4 for use in EmuELEC and CoreELEC. I even said this in several places, forums, Discords, comments on You Tube videos. I wanted to prevent anyone from purchasing for exclusive use at EmuELEC and getting frustrated.

Even though I’m not a youtuber, last year I published a video on You Tube warning about the subject.

Now it’s the opposite, I’m spreading the news and published a new video. It’s a very simple video, without much editing, showing the installation and operation of some games.