Installed Emuelec 4.2 on X96 Max Plus - everything working great so far.
Playing Duckstation emulator and all the games run with a border. I tried setting the resolution to Full screen and window mode, but cannot get the games to run on full screen - always get the black borders. Tried to set 4:3, 16:9, in emuelec and the core - still borders.
the glui menu and emulation station are full screen.
Great work, BTW !!!
you have to set the aspect ratio in the duckstation options.
Thank You !!!
I started from scratch - new install (img) and just adjusted the core settings.
This worked and now I have full screen on either 4:3 or 16:9 without borders.
I might have messed up the settings in retroarch on my first attempt.
Much appreciated !!!
hi sorry for bothering and opening this thread. can you like teach me how you installed emuelec on your x96 max plus? i have tried a lot of times but it just won’t work. sorry again.
These are the steps I used:
- download EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.aarch64-4.2-Generic.img.gz
- uncompress that file and burn it to microSD card using rufus or balena etcher.
- copy sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb from dtb folder of microSD card to the root of microsd card and rename it to dtb.img
- boot up the main menu of x96 max plus
- install Root LibreELEC Reboot from Android TV_v1.4.apk (download from apkpure)
- insert your microSD card into x96 Max Plus.
- Launch Root LibreELEC Reboot from Android TV_v1.4
- select accept and it should start booting from microSD card and emuelec will begin the installation.
Hope this helps!
Oh my goodness! Thank you much!