PPSSPP cheat.db issue in EE 4.2 - OGS

Hi all.

I’ve recently updated my OGS to EE 4.2 from 4.1. In my travels so far, everything is going well with one exception: PPSSPP won’t load from the cheat.db file located in /storage/.config/ppsspp/PSP/Cheats. It’s bizarre because In 4.1, it was found just fine. FWIW, the Cheats option is enabled in PPSSPP settings, too.

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but I can’t seem to figure out what. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

After searching the interwebs for solutions and finding next to nothing, I reverted back to 4.1 just to rule out operator error. I placed cheat.db in the same location as stated in the previous post, enabled cheats in PPSSPP, and presto - cheats were visible and working again… and FWIW I did do the the reset scripts/etc after upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2.

What I’m wondering now is whether this is a PPSSPP version specific issue. The version currently in use on 4.1 is 1.11.2-379. The changelog for 4.2 doesn’t mention anything about using an updated PPSSPP version, but I wasn’t clever enough at the time to make note of the version used in 4.2. I’ll have to burn a copy of 4.2 to a spare SD and check the PPSSPP version.

I guess I’ve found a solution (workaround?) for now but I’m not convinced that an error on my part isn’t actually the cause of the problem. Again, insight from someone a little more adept at the inner workings of PPSSPP with EmuELEC would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Installed 4.2, PPSSPP is a different version, 1.11.3-698.

cheat.db isn’t detected in this version. I’ll have to inquire with the folks at PPSSPP.