No Network, userconfig.service failed, wrong ip address, version 4.4 and 4.5

I have been unable to connect to the internet since updating to 4.4 and 4.5. I had no issues in version 4.3.

The issue I am having occurs in 4.4 and 4.5, in both updates and fresh installs, and with built in Wifi, USB wifi, and ethernet cable. My box is a T95 Max plus 4GB with a S905x3.

From “Network Settings” I can see my SSID and enter password. An incorrect ip address is shown and the network status is “Not connected”. I cannot connect to scrape or perform updates.

I opened the terminal and it is flooded with dmesg “a start job is running for wait time synchronization”
systemctl status = 1 failed, 4 queued units
systemctl list-units --failed = userconfig.service failed
journalctl -u userconfig.service = “userconfig.service: Failed to get cgroup ID on cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/unified/system.slice/userconfig.service, ignoring: Function not implemented”

Then I try disabling userconfig unit:
systemctl stop userconfig && systemctl disable userconfig RESTART
dmesg is no longer flooding terminal, but still no network connection. No qued units, time sync appears to have worked.

Then I review systemctl status userconfig unit file to find the unit location /usr/lib/systemd/system/userconfig.service which is different from the location listed above from journalctl… but at this point I am in over my head and not sure if this could even be the cause of connectivity problems. I need help.