Issue upgranding from 32gb sd card to 128gb

Ok, the original sd card got borked and i said ok let’s just take this opportunity to upgrade from 32gb to 128gb. Check the dates on the files of the original sd card I was able to figure out that it was using emuelec version 4.5 odroid, and the original sd also had the name of the correct dtb file for my device on a helpful txt file. Up to this point, this should’ve been easy. It’s been hell.

I cannot, for the life of me, no matter what version of Emuelec 4+, odroid or generic, get the damn thing to create a EEROMS partition. It always creates the Emuelec partition and the storage partition in ext4 format and the rest of the sd is left formatted into something that windows only regonizes as other and marks the entire thing as RAW. Tried literally everything under the sun, 10 different partitioning software to try and forcefully format that space into fat32 or anything else and it fails. Even if I delete the damn partition transforming it into unnalocated space, it won’t format it to anything useful. Tried Emuelec 3.9, and while the storage partition with format ext4 did contain the whole space, other than the one taken up by the Emuelec partition, all the folders inside were not folders but files with no extensions so that was also useless.

Finally, I found I way to unbork the original sd card by cloning the ext4 partition from the new card into the old card, since that was what borked the original sd, that partition became corrupted.
It worked!
But not really, now have emuelec 4.5, the EEROMS partition, since that was already created on the original sd card, but now I have a different issue. When the splash screen of emuelec, the one that shows loading before the games page show up, pops up the ANDROID black slash screen doesn’t go away, so it stays superimposed on top of the entire screen and I can barely see the games screen. If I move the controller and can see the folders being scrolled in the back and I even managed to configure the controller in that state but for fuck sake!

Now, how tf do I remove this android splash screen?

Why don’t you update to version 4.7 (or even the latest 4.7.-test-version)?

I don’t know if you will get help here using an old version. Updating is quite simple, just do it the menu.

And perhaps you are lucky and the android screen goes away…

I’ll try that. It’s just such a weird bug. Emuelec runs AFTER the android boot screen right? And the first emuelec screen shows up just fine so idk why that damn android screen that went away at first decides to come back.

Yes, EmuElec starts after the boot procedure… that’s strange.

Did you try to change around your videosettings? Perhaps that can help.

Or you could try resetting the scripts and binaries (found in EmuELEC settings – then Danger Zone)…

But if I were you, I would update to the newest beta-version, as it has a lot more features than Emuelec 4.5

Ok, i’m running into an utterly fascinating issue. My 128gb sd card doesn’t allow 3 partitions. It doesn’t even allow 2 partitions if they are both windows partitions like fat32, fat, exfat, ntfs. It will allow 2 partitions if one of them is windows and the other is linux, but won’t allow a third partition. Which is a problem since Emuelec creates the Emuelec partition, the Storage partition and the EEROMS partition. It will create the first 2 but the second one is just a raw block. Before anyone asks, I tried to just create 3 partitions by hand using several different tools and always got the same result. Can only 1 partition if it’s windows, based, 2 if 1 is windows and the other is linux, but never under any circumstance can I create 3.

I don’t quite understand why you just don’t flash Emuelec 4.8 fresh on the sd card using rasperry pie imager? What data do you think / or are you afraid you are going to loose? If you have roms on your sd card, you can copy them to your pc and later copy them back on the new sd card.

I tried. Flashed the 4.7 version, put on the tv box. It said it created the EEROMS partition. Put it on the PC, it did not. Only partitions on it were the EMUELEC partition and the Storage Partition created during flashing. The rest of the sd was set as unformatted raw, all 121gb of it. Hence my tests, and discovery that this sd card will not allow 3 partitions, under any circumstance.

Have you tried to connect via wifi / cable to Emuelec and check for yourself? Try filezilla or something and I would be very surprised if you won’t find the roms folder there. Otherwise, Emuelec wouldn’t even boot up, I think…

I’m honestly starting to wonder whether this is some windows 11 nonsense. Hence why I’ll try to do the whole goddamn process on Linux right now, won’t even allow windows to touch the sd until I can bloody see all 3 partitions.

Yes, sometimes Windows doesn’t recognize partitions. That is why you should use the wifi connection… or try this tool: Linux File Systems for Windows | Paragon Software

Tried the paragon software. It also recognizes the left over space as raw unformatted instead of any kind of file system.

And what happens if you connect to Emuelec via ssh or a filemanager? I would really recommend that you try this out first… because that way, it doesn’t matter from which system you connect to Emuelec.

If i can’t plug the sd card into the PC how am i going to put the several gigabytes of rooms and shit into it? intranet?

Yes… over your wifi connection or ethernet-cable…

1. Flash the card
  2. Boot that card in your device (EMUELEC partition is being created)
  3. Put that card in your windows PC
  4. Open disk management in windows and select your sd card
  5. assign a drive letter to the EMUELEC partition

Doesn’t work. Since the partition is unformatted RAW there’s no option to assign letter.

AFTER you did the initial boot?
During that boot you see a message indicating that the EMUELEC partitiion is successfully created?

It says it created it yes. It didn’t.

• If you can’t create more than 2 partitions manually on your pc and
  • EmuELEC said it did exactly that successfully
    i suggest trying another card reader.

Doesn’t really answer the question of why EmuELEC can’t create the EEROMS partition though.