Cannot boot into the Emuelec 4.2

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install Emuelec 4.2 to my X88 Pro x3 TV box, however, it stock on the logo page of x88 Pro x3. I have researched some information from Google and tried the below dtb but no luck.

1.sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb
2.sm1_s905x3_2g_1gbit.dtb
3.sm1_s905x3_odroid_c4.dtb

If using “sm1_s905x3_odroid_c4.dtb”, it can pass the logo page of the TV box but stuck in the black screen.

May I know if there is someone that having the same issue and resolved it already?

Thank you for any suggestion.

Kenny

Hello. These Chinese devices come in many cases from different manufacturers, who use different components (the cheapest ones) and the result is that they are not all the same; what works for some is not valid for others, apparently being the same box.
I have a X88 pro X3 (32/4) with android 9 PIE, only real 2gb ram are detected and EmuELEC boots using sm1_s905x3_2g_1gbit.dtb (remember that it must be renamed as dtb.img), but as I said before each case is different. Lucky

post should move to “Amlogic devices”

Hi,

Thanks for your information, I will have a test for another dtb file.

Thank you so much
Kenny

Try every DTB file for S905X3 SoC available for you. If you are lucky enough, you can get EmuELEC running on the box with every components drivers supported. That’s the best case. Unfortunately, most of the time, users won’t get it.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all of the information,

There is some update of my case, I finally installed some application from Google Play Store for checking the hardware information of my X88 Pro x3 TV box, it found my broad model is “sm1_ac213_2g”, afterward, I try to use “sm1_s905x3_2g.dtb” file to boot the Emuelec, it works for my case.

Thank you so much
Kenny

1 Like

I’m glad you found a compatible .dtb. These boxes can give a headache for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

and why not telling us which app that is ?

Hello,

I am sorry about that as I don’t know if I am allow to post the name of the Android app here.

I am using the app named “Device Info HW”.

Thank you everyone :blush:

1 Like