Hacks system folder

Hi is there a way to make this on Emuelec? I take this info from retropie.org.

“Here is an example entry for a section for rom hacks in a custom es_systems.cfg file that will run on a number of emulators, Atari 2600, NES, Megadrive, and SNES.”

<system>
    <name>hacks</name>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/hacks</path>
    <extension>.bin .gen .int .nes .rom .smc .BIN .GEN .INT .NES .ROM .SMC</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ hacks %ROM%</command>
    <theme>hacks</theme>
</system>

I don’t quite understand why one would need /want to do this. If you have hacked roms and can play them on their installed systems (like Atari 2600, NES, Megadrive, and SNES etc.), you could just put them all in a custom collection named “hacked roms” (or whatever). Then you’d have them all in one place and could just click on them, each autostarting their respective system…

Hi i just dont want to have the hacks roms inside the installed system, its the same like making nes hacks, megadrive hacks, etc.
Anyways i made it doing this:

<name>hacks</name>
	<fullname>Hacks</fullname>
	<path>/storage/roms/hacks</path>
		<extension>.bin .gen .int .nes .rom .smc .BIN .GEN .INT .NES .ROM .SMC .zip .ZIP .7z .7Z</extension>
		<command>emuelecRunEmu.sh %ROM% -P%SYSTEM% --core=%CORE% --emulator=%EMULATOR% --controllers="%CONTROLLERSCONFIG%"</command>
		<theme>hacks</theme>
	<emulators>
        	<emulator name="libretro">
			<cores>
			<core default="true">nestopia</core>
			<core>genesis_plus_gx</core>
			<core>picodrive</core>
			<core>snes9x</core>
			<core>fceumm</core>
			<core>mgba</core>
			<core>gambatte</core>
			</cores>
		</emulator>
	</emulators>

Then i have to change the emulator for each rom editing emuelec.conf or just with the option inside emulationstation. Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: