Emuelec V4.4 and Amlogic S905 (GXBB, p201)

Yes everything , as i said , i am using this old Amlogic box in a modified 1up Arcade cabinet , almost only arcade games, and some other newer arcade games on other emulators the box cannot run on Mame but can run home versions ( px1 , n64 ).
Everything i need working perfactly, only this problem with some singe games.
I have done the same on batocera 3.2 , however some Mame games works only on Advenced mame , batocera does not include Advenced mame , my wifi is not configured on batocera , cannot do restart as will other than that , it runs Daphne/ Singe 1 perfactly .
what i know Batocera 3.2 has Singe1 version , what i can see here EmuELEC has Singe 2 , those games not running are Singe 1 , maybe this is the problem ??? or maybe becuse Emuelec is using standalone Hypseus ??? Batocera has Daphne/Singe1.

By the way , where can i find Hypseus log files on EmuElec , i could not find it .

This is what i added to Daphne in batocera to have them working

if os.path.isfile(singeFile):
commandArray = [batoceraFiles.batoceraBins[system.config[‘emulator’]],
“singe”, “vldp”, “-framefile”, frameFile, “-script”, singeFile,
“-x”, str(gameResolution[“width”]), “-y”, str(gameResolution[“height”]), “-fullscreen”,
“-fastboot”, “-homedir”, singeHome, “-datadir”, singeHome]

file location is
/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/configgen/batoceraFiles.py

Hey @EmuELEC ,

I have tested the following in the past day with some results but still have a problem .
1-Tested on a newer Amlogic box ( S905X ) it has the same issue as will , so i dont think it is a hardware issue , especially as the games are running on batocera with the same old box .
2-Not sure if we have in 4.3 a Hypseus singe2 , because it doesn’t recognize MP4 video format , Hypseus singe2 do.
So i still needed to convert the mp4 video file to M2V/ogg Video and audio files to make it recognize videos as Hypseus singe 1/ Daphne.

What i found interesting is, and that was the error showing in the log i uploaded here 3 days before:
( 2022-03-06 16:04:52 .641 INFO [8667] [video: :init_display@246] repaint dimensions: 720X480
Hypseus refuse to run game videos with 720X480 or any other video resolution.
So i found that all other working games had videos in 640x480 resolution.
I changed the games video resolution in Hypseus games options but it still recognize it as 720X480 and give the same error.
In batocera when i change the game video resolution to 640x480 in game options they work if other resoulution they dont.
I tried to convert non working games videos to 640x480 and they run but quality of the videos are very bad.
So i am not sure if it is a patch fix or some config file need to be modified , or it is ffmpeg thing.

Please can you help me taking a look on this issue ?

Sorry I know nothing about Hypseus/singe, all I know is that the games I have for testing (very few) work fine for me with no issue. But it seems to me that your issue is with a particular game, you might need to ask in the hypseus/singe forum for a workaround for that.

Thanks for you answer @EmuELEC .
I think i figured it out and i am working in making all hypseus/singe work.
The answer is:

1-Daphne/singe games dose not run on hypseus/singe1 , and thats what i have and worked on Batocera.
( they have original laser disk rip files) for video and audio.
Maybe if we modify lr-Daphne to run singe games they will work , but i dont think we need to do it as we have hypseus/singe.

2-What we have in Emuelec is Hypseus/singe1.
Hypseus/singe1 can’t run Hypseus/singe2 games as they are MP4 format videos with one audio/Video file, It acually can run them but need to convert the MP4 videos to two separated Video /Audio files .m2v stream with a high bitrate to keep the video quality and without audio for video and ogg stream for audio.

3- Hypseus/singe1 in Emuelec cannot run m2v videos other than 480 resolution.
so after converting the MP4 video file to m2v stream video , it needs to be scaled to 480.

4-As we have scaled the video to a smaller resolution , we need to modify the main.singe file of the game.
Hypseus/singe2 MP4 are usually HD with a big resolution (720-1080) , main.singe file in that game are spacified to make the game overlays fit on that big resolution , we have scaled the videos to 480 so we need to change overlays places on the new resolution and resize the png files to a smallar size that can fit.

So what i am doing now is downloading the games agine but for Hypseus/singe2.
then do all what i said , then i will have Singe games working even on the 4.3 version you have released and no need for the one i created. then have a fully working Arcade cabinet with the Great EmuELEC :sunglasses: :sunglasses: .

Important informathin for any one need to run Singe games on EmuELEC
DONT FORGET TO MODIFY THE GAME SINGE FILES TO EMUELEC FILES PATH.

Cheers :wink: :wink: