Duckstation & PPSSPP controller configuration

Hi Everybodyes

I am going to finish my emuelec 4.5 configuration on my Odroid c4 and everything is great except one issue i am unable to solve about the duckstation and ppsspp stand alone emulators

I am using a generic dragonrise arcade stick and for both ot these 2 emulators controls not works , or better, on ppsspp button works but the pad stick going only down and right ( also if i open the control mapping settings i am unable to pair the stick )

On duckstation stick going only down and right.

Is there any config.ini or something like that where i can operate ?

I will look forward for your kind support

Currently there is no input auto configuration script for either of these emulators. I will probably create the input script for duckstation soon as it looks like it could be done relatively easy. PPSSPP however has a very strange configuration so you will be much better off using retroarch libretro PPSSPP and manually configuring the core controls in the input settings in retrearchs menu (while you have launched the game).

I just noticed an issue with the experimental auto configuration script. Unfortunately to set up an arcade stick you will have to use a PS3 compatible controller to launch duckstation and get in the settings. Once there you can map your arcade stick on port2 then exit emulator.
Then you should be able to copy across the settings for the arcade controller in /emuelec/configs/duckstation/settings.ini under the “[Controller1]” and “[Controller2]” settings.
Arcade joysticks have limited emulation controls for PS3 so to support this out of the box would be very low priority.

Thanx for your reply but about ppsspp the problem is another ( I already solved it )

the string about dragon rise arcade stick under gamecontrollerdb.txt is wrong.

I solved it in this way :

I download the gamecontrollerdb,txt file from the sd card, and i changed the dragonrise string with this one :
03000000790000000600000010010000,DragonRise Inc. Generic USB Joystick ,platform:Linux,x:b3,a:b2,b:b1,y:b0,back:b8,start:b9,dpleft:h0.8,dpdown:h0.4,dpright:h0.2,dpup:h0.1,leftshoulder:b4,lefttrigger:b6,rightshoulder:b5,righttrigger:b7,leftstick:b10,rightstick:b11,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,rightx:a3,righty:a4,

Replaced the txt file and everything works perfectly, ppsspp is so much more better than libretro version .

I will look for duckstation following your suggest

Thanx a lot for the support

I have the same usb card with my joystick, and your configuration has worked for me, but there is no key mapped to exit the emulator. I have entered the emulator configuration with a keyboard, and I have mapped the exit key and some other buttons, but the configuration is not saved and it reapplies the one from the gamecontrollerdb.txt file

@Albertron try adding guide:b8 to the above record after “,righty:a4,”. I’m not sure if duplicate button codes are allowed but if they are it would be the back+start buttons.

Hello!! I have the same problem that you had… in libretro it works fine, but that emulator doesn’t give me the 30fps that it does give me ppssppsdl… could you please send me your txt file? Or explain to me better what values ​​and where should I place them? Thank you very much in advance, I’m going crazy with this issue and finally it seems that someone has hit the key.
By the way, do you experience any other error in another emulator after changing the said file?