Changing the Intro Screen and Load screen?

You need to read again.

This didn’t work for me. Placing the show_splash.sh file to /emuelec/bin/show_splash.sh (with the edited path) didn’t work.

However, it would be useful to see a demo path for this file on the appropriate line in show_splash.sh file in case the path reference was incorrect that I did, but I’m pretty sure it was fine.

It does work, but this is a fairly new change introduces on 4.3-test

you can just change this on the autostart.sh file and mimic it.

Hi EmuElec,

Please can you give detailed instructions what to do here? You explained below as general comment but I am beginner and need more simple step by step instructions. I hope that’s OK. My daughter had her birthday now and loves the EmuElec TV box and also the customised loading screen and exit from game, However, I’d still love to be able to surprise her though and get an adjusted intro video loading, so would be great if I understood what to do exactl yon your post below.

Can you tell me please what you are referencing above? Are you referencing a way to make video splash work by making the above text modification on file:

[EmuELEC/EmuELEC/blob/dev/packages/sx05re/emuelec/config/autostart.sh#L107]??

If yes, I can’t find this location. I have an EEROMS and a EMUELEC partition when I put in my computer and also I can SSH into the box for more files, but I cannot find this path anywhere & even if I do, just wanted to check that the hack above you mention is being able to load in custom Splash Video??

Many thanks & sorry for the newbie questions.

Update to 4.3 and read the release notes.

Hi ,
Talking about 4.3
Not sure if you guys have solved that , however placing a video file called intro.mp4 inside "storage/roms/splash " and enable Always show boot video in emuelec settings will change the boot video .
However if you have in that directory image called " launching.png " that should replace the loaging screen image ( loading screen when you start up a game ), it will stop showing up anymore not even the original one, not sure if it is a bug @EmuELEC maybe can answer that .

Changing/ replacing the image “splash-1080.png” with your own image.png ( should be renamed “splash-1080.png”) inside " storage/.config/splash " well cange that image showing when you quit a game.

boot screen and loading screen cannot be changed as @EmuELEC mentioned.

good luck