Unable to boot EmuELEC 4.5 on Phicomm N1(S905D)

Yes, I have rich experience in programming but not in embedded devices like Phicomm N1 box, so I have to learn a lot before doing anything on it. But it’s a good idea to make a deeply customized version of EmuELEC(plus some TV app, whatever it is), which will give me the maximum freedom.

Actually, I don’t care about Android or Linux at all, because what I need is playing emulating games and watching TV(and videos stored in NAS or Cloud) on my N1 box. But there are no integrated solutions, so I have to choose a suboptimal one which is happen to be EmuELEC+Android TV.

What do you suggest to me?

Hi, 7Ji. Do you think it is possible to make an EmuELEC+CoreELEC dual boot system, and burn both of them into N1 box ?

I mean, a customized one made by hand.

Dual-boot of CE+EE is not only technically possible but actually doable and I achieved it in April. All stuffs are open-source as the project HybridELEC
You’ll need to either port the older USB burning tool flashable HybridELEC I made for Xiaomi mibox3/3c (MDZ-16-AA) which I ended support, or add N1 support to new Amlogic-ng only HybridELEC (the hybrid-ng branch) and ampart.

That’s very COOL !
I need time to learn how to program in embedded devices, so I will get started later when I am not so busy.

Look forward to discussing this topic with you when I start to do it.

Hello, may I have your contact information? Please ask me some questions.

I sent my contact info via a DM this noon, but I haven’t received your friend request. Did you check it?

Can you also send your contact to me?

Not tried 4.5 but for me with the white N1 box, I managed to boot in with 4.6 and p231-2g dtb.

How did you flash the image, into the N1 box or a U-disk?

U stick.

Tried Kingston and Sandisk, but only SanDisk worked.