Advmame - saving controller input settings

Hey,
I’m trying to setup a PS3-like controller. The Shanwan USB Twin Joystick. The DPAD values are detected as hat values. How do we save hat values to the advmame.rc? I could not find any information regarding it. Once I know I will be able to modify the advmame input script to work with hat values.

Ok so I found the config value for the dpad needed to be stick4 so for up the follow config was needed.

joystick_digital[${GAMEPAD},stick4,y,up]

What do you think would be the best way of detecting the dpads stick mechanism? Should it be added to the input config set_advmame_joy.sh, what if a controller doesn’t recognize the input or it’s different? Should we just have it anyway?

I stumbled onto this issue when I was doing to auto config script, the way I did it was to configure my gamepad in AdvMame and tried to copy the values from there, but as for your question, I am not sure I have a solution. As you can see on my auto config script, the analogs seem to be the ones used and not the dpads, which should be fixed, yet I do not know how, way too many different gamepads in the market with different values.

Think I have a solution. In set_advmame_joy I changed it so it looks for in “/storage/.advance” the presence of a file the user can add: “ADD_DPAD” and it will check the value, and add it to the “stick” value. So all the user will need to do say for DPAD stick4 is:

echo 4 > /storage/.advance/ADD_DPAD

Then the set_advmame_joy.sh will add the correct configs to advmame.rc. I can make a PR, just got to test it make sure it works ok.

I made a pull see: