Emuelec 4.5 ELF class errors on n64 Libretro emulators

Here are the four Libretro n64 emulators included in 4.5 with their corresponding errors when used in this instance on a Zelda Majora’s Mask rom but seems to happen on all other roms.

LIBRETRO: MUPEN64PLUS NEXT
emuelecRunEmu.sh: line 441: 54414 Segmentation fault …
LIBRETRO: MUPEN64PLUS NEXT ALT
emuelecRunEmu.sh: line 441: 53739 Segmentation fault …
LIBRETRO: MUPEN64PLUS 32B
retroarch32: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
LIBRETRO: PARALLEL N64 32B
retroarch32: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

At least the last two seem to be 32bit vs 64bit errors but my knowledge is limited.

There are two Mupen64plussa emulators as well. Both of the mupen emulators seem to work well but have little to no configuration (I.E. no nice backend like libretro).

SamWilson in another thread confirmed for me that S905X is considered ng since release 4.4 and so is still supported. I had waited to post this until I had that confirmation so as not to try to get support for an unsupported device.

For reference, in case the context is important, my device is a QFX ABX-12 which is a 1gb Amlogic S905X device. I know that 1gb devices are advised against for 4.xx releases. My romlist is small and I utilize ES-THEME-MINIMAL which I hope saves on RAM. This seems to work well with my 4.2 installation but I was hoping to use the latest and greatest (perhaps squeeze a few more fps on n64). I have screenshots of the error pages if I didn’t paste the pertinent data above I can add those here. I have stumbled on threads from 3.xx builds with similar segmentation faults that once fixed went to ELF errors that were subsequently fixed. I have 4.5 on a separate SD and so I can keep using my 4.2 installation but I can experiment as needed if a dev would like me to try things.

Thanks!

If you upgraded from 4.2 you need to reset binares and scripts in the danger zone

I did not upgrade. This was a clean install to 4.5 on a separate flash card. I was getting the same errors with 4.4 on a clean install.

Please confirm from the below that I am in fact on a clean install:

I downloaded [EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.aarch64-4.5-Generic.img.gz] from (https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/releases/download/v4.5/EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.aarch64-4.5-Generic.img.gz)

I wrote this to a flash card using balenaEtcher-1.7.8

I moved and renamed the p212 dtb to the root of the sd card

I powered down my QFX tv box and turned on with the new flash card installed.

Then Emuelec went through its install process with no apparent errors.

I let it sit idle for a while (5 minutes) after first boot up to settle down (in case there’s voodoo happening in the background).

I shut down the system, pulled the card and added roms.

Restarted and tested the above.

I have tried the reset binaries and scripts option in the danger zone but the result are the same.

@EmuELEC I know a lot of people who did the same operation, and the same failure appears, including I have this failure, even resetting binaries it continues, in the 64bit system it works, in the 32bit the failure appears

Hello, were you able to solve the issue?